Already have a background about how the poker game works? But still, feel a little bit confused? In order to master this game, you should know first the poker hand rankings. Once you have memorized all of the hand rankings, you’ll have the idea if your current hand is the best hand at that table.
Different Poker Hand Rankings (Best to Worst)
Poker hand rankings play an important role in any online poker games because this will tell if you have good cards available at your hand. Once you have the best hand among your opponents, you can be sure enough that you’re going to win the session.
- Royal Flush – It consists of five cards with the same card symbol starting from 10 down to Ace card. Bear in mind that all card symbol has the same value in poker. So if two or more players have the same hand, then the players will share the winnings.
- Straight Flush – It also consists of five cards with the same symbol but must be in sequential form. If two or more players have the same straight flush hand, the highest hand will be the winner.
- Four of a Kind – It consists of four cards with the same value. In all poker game, a hand should consist of five cards, if your hand has a four same value (for example, 8’s) then you’ll win.
- Full House – It consists of three cards with the same value and a pair
- Flush – It consists of five cards with the same symbol in any order. If two or more players have the same flush hands, the highest-ranked card will win the game.
- Straight – Contrary to flush, straight has different card symbol but in sequential order. If two or more players have this kind of hand, the winner will be determined by the highest value card.
- Three of a Kind – It consists of three cards with the same value and to unsuited cards. If two or more players share the same three of a kind hand, then the winner will be determined by the highest unsuited card.
- Two Pair – It consists of two cards with the same value, and another two cards with also the same value, plus unrelated card. For example, 2 Kings, 2 6’s, and 3.
- One Pair – It consists of two cards with the same value and three unrelated cards.
- High Card – If a hand doesn’t match in any of the above categories, the winner will be determined by the highest-ranked card.
Excited to play online poker? Try Dominoqq and apply what you had learned in today’s article. Enjoy!